Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A STEP OF A CLIFF ....

This morning I decided to take a bit of a step off a cliff – I erased the sign board in front of my cyber.  It is a risk because now people walking by won’t know what is going on here. But I found it felt good, and I feel little wings sprouting.

It's true that I have not yet decided what I should write on the sign board. I just felt that it was time to make a new beginning. New beginning with my business, new beginning with my blog.
My dream and my vision is to get into IMPACT SOURCING here in Bamenda. My driving force is to create work for the young people around here who are so talented but have so few job opportunities.
I don't yet know what it will take for me to make it a reality but if there's one thing all the Impact sourcing organisations have in common it's TRAINING OF DISADVANTAGED PEOPLE without discrimination. And that is what I want to do.
So, I am trusting that a great name will show up.
In the meantime, here we go!
We are going to answer the needs of the local businesses, while aligning to international standards.
We are going to have exciting community based educational programs like Basics IT , CRS (Customer Relationship & Sales), DTP – Desktop publishing, How to create a good life with ICT,  Internet for small business in Africa, and so much more.
I love hearing about what others are doing around the world. Imagine if we can get FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) programs in things like Archive Digitization and Records Management, Content Conversion and Formatting, and Transcription, here in Bamenda.
I know that these services can be of interest to the local organisations. So the simplest step for me is also one of the most difficult – to just GET STARTED ! I know we will make mistakes and struggle, but I am a real fighter.
I am learning a bit more about each of the services and particularly look for people with whom we can collaborate to start training.
Our master word will be SUSTAINABILITY. We have seen enough short term projects. This time we want to make sure that the training programs will be of interest to those receiving them and will create real work.
I’ll be writing once or twice a week to keep you posted about how it feels to jump off this cliff. Please leave a comment in the space below. We want to hear from you!
With optimism and geekiness,
Stephan

No comments:

Post a Comment